Question

Thardan

Hard credit checks have made it impossible for me to have even $300 credit card. Now what?
So over the past two years apparently I've made a few hard credit checks that have lowered my score into the very poor range making it impossible for me to have a credit card. I'm afraid to fill out another application and get denied and lower my score further. I'm just not sure what to do at this point it seems like a vicious circle. I also owe unemployment about $2,000 but this is my only debt. I'm never had a credit card my TransUnion score is 580 and my Equifax score is 538. It just doesn't seem right to me that I can't apply for a card without hurting my score and I can't get a credit card with my current score. no idea what to do at this point. Please help

Just wait for time to go by. Pay down balances if you have any. Wait 6 months to a year. Maybe you can get a pre qual letter in the mail. Capital One is good at approving with a low score.

You should not be applying for unsecured credit cards, you should be looking to get a SECURED credit card with a lender that reports to all three credit bureaus. Do some reading on Secured credit cards in addition to all credit topics.