Getting better credit cards
I have been working on my credit since October 2015. I have had several incorrect items removed/corrected and I have paid off a lot of bad debt (small medical bills mostly). I only recently got into credit cards as a way to boost my score and it has worked. The cards / limits I have are:

Capital 1 Platinum $1500 limit
Capital 1 QuickSilver $2000 limit
Wal-Mart Store Card $800 limit
Texaco/Chevron Gas card $400 limit
Barclays Rewards Card $500 limit
Amazon Store Card $1500 limit

All have a $0 balance. The Capital One platinum is my oldest at 5yrs old. The others are less than 3 months old. My question is this, eventually I want an AMEX, Discover IT Card, Chase Freedom, and a Citibank Double cash back card. I cannot get them now (Yes, I applied and kept the denial letters) because I have an old loan that is in CO and due to drop off in 2017. I also have 10-14 hard inquiries from the above cards and my age of credit dropped to FAIR right now. Basically, it’s a waiting game. 2 years for sure and I am okay with that.

Question time at last. Do I need to get rid of the other cards before I can get the ones I want? Or will keeping them at a 0 balance be good enough? I have 35 accounts in good standing already and I know if these less desirable cards have a 0 balance and only age, that can be a good thing. But, I don’t want the new card limits to be reduced because I have these high interest cards already.

My goal is not to have a ton of cards, my goal is to have a few low interest cash back rewards cards (I don't travel) I can user periodically to pay my normal bills and payoff when the bills come due to maintain my credit. Eventually I do plan on closing the other ones but I will do it in a manner that will have minimal impact on my score with an ultimate goal of having good-excellent credit by the time it is time to trade in my truck and refinance my house or move into a new one.

My scores:
Equifax – 622
Experian – 641
TransUnion – 659

When I started working on my credit in October 2015 I was in the mid 500’s. Advice?