Question

QueenCersei

Ex-husband's credit cards on-time payments/high balance
My ex-husband and i have been apart for five years and i noticed i am still listed as an authorized user on his two credit cards i haven't accessed in all that time. It appears he always makes on-time payments, but his balance on one is 99% of his limit and seems to stay high. i just applied for and received a secured card for myself, but i don't have any other cards. i am curious how this may be pisitively or negatively affecting me. I have already informed him and he says he will remove me, but should i go through the trouble of having the last five years corrected? Is it even possible?

The open utilization isn't helping your cause but you'll lose the age of those accounts on your report.

I wouldn't want to have my name tied to something I had no control over anyways though.  If he stops making payments on those cards it will negatively impact you.