Does anyone know if one can have 2 Capital One cards? (1 unsecured and 1 secured)
So I've had an unsecured Capital One card (500cl) for the last 2 years or so, and i've got a great payment history on it. My credit still isn't good enough for any other unsecured cards, and I can't get the Orchard Bank (because I have another HSBC card already under 18 months old).

I've heard good things about Capital One's secured card for re-building my credit, and wondering if I can get one...

stljeremy79

Most Helpful Response

not too sure if being a secured card, makes any difference, but, I have 2 cap one cards... first one I've had about 12 months, $1750 CL and second one I've had about 6 months, $500 CL.. I pay in full both cards every month, and always pay before the due date... never paid a cent in interest, and every 6 months like clock work, the lines get increased.. Also, I never asked for these cards,

CapOne sen me an offer and I responded, sic months later, they sent me another offer, and I responded to that one, as well.. scores are 695/723/750.

Response by
matman1490

Yes, you can have 2 Cap-1 credit cards.  As of last year, they have made 2 the new limit on the number of cards you can have with them.  If you would like to apply for one of their other products, you must close one account (with no remaining balance), wait 30-days, then apply for the new card.  As with all credit apps, there's no guarantee you will be approved. 

Response by
JayRizzo

I have a secured cc w/cap one and an unsecured w/cap one. So yes it is possible

Response by
mikkid1

If you have low balances on your current cards then go for the Cap One.  Good Luck

Response by
nandog

Submit to the Community