Question

taleb659

do i have to use my credit card
If you carry a zero balance, do you have to use my credit card to keep it active? I heard from a friend that if I do not use it the credit company will cancel my card, is there any truth in this statement?

Thanks.

Varies by card company, but yes they absolutely can cancel it for being idle.

Just use it once in a while for small purchases and pay that bill when the statement comes in.  What you do not want to do is to carry a balance over because you end up paying interest.  Just pay the "Total Amount Due" and no more.

Every six months is good.  You do not have to wait for the statement to be printed.  You can pay it right away and the company will know the card is active.

Sumflow

On my dormant cards with zero balance I pay $1.00 a month.  I over pay every card every month.