Question

whaddupmia07

Disputing a credit card account that is not mine (opened before i was even 18)WHERE DO I START???
Hello my name is Amelia, i recently decided to check my credit score for the first time and i need some help. There is an account for a capital one credit card under my name that i never opened. I'm currently 24 and this account was opened before i was 18 (shows being opened when i was 17). I didn't know how this was possible until i pulled my trans union credit report. Apparently whoever opened the account lied about my age. it shows my birth date as 1988 and i was born in 1989. needless to say i am very upset and would like to have this false account removed but i don't know where to start. I can file a dispute on the trans-union website but it says i need to provide every bit of information i can such as account numbers, etc. i don't know anything about this account only that i didn't open it and it was opened when i was 17 and couldn't legally sign a contract. should i still file a dispute online saying this account was opened before i was even 18 and prove it with a copy of my birth certificate? Please let me know what actions i should take to start the process of having this account removed from my credit history.

If you file dispute online; all you will have to do is click a few buttons and that is it. All the info you need will already be on your credit file. Indeed, it should be removed within 30 days of the dispute. Good luck.