Question

Katiedid1986

Credit dinged by multiple medical bills, secured card to build credit back?

I have had good credit for a long time, about 750 scores, had a credit card for years, a car loan I paid off early, a store credit card etc.  we had our first child and I had to stay home for a year.  We couldn't afford to pay the medical bills, I now have 8 collections accounts totaling about $3,000.  I have been approved for and bought two homes over the past 3 years but I want to get my score from a 595-698 back up to about 700+.  I tried to get a credit card that was recommended for me on this website and was denied.  I hate applying for credit I won't get.  We just bought our home and I think my score is inflated because it shows our sold house as paid and the new loan hasn't hit yet as well.  Secured card? And which would take me with 8 collections items?