Question

dech1213

Credit cards that should be off the list.
There are 5 credit cards on all three credit agencies. Those have been taken off with my BANKRUPTCY ALONG TIME AGO. THEY SHOULDNT EVEN BE THERE. Also I have nothing to do with "home insurance". We don't even live there we are renting for 900.00 a month and pay 2 weeks ahead. I have "1" credit card only! I should show the bankruptcy and that's it! The other cards are GONE. They need to be removed. Thank you Debbie

Most Helpful Response

The Credit Card debt was part of the Bankruptcy, but the the Credit Card accounts are part of your credit history.  The CC accounts will fall off your Credit Report 7 years after the close date.

you might want to read the following

http://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/2013/09/10/accounts-are-not-removed-immediately-after-bankruptcy/

Credit cards/ bankruptcy

Thank for the advice. I knew about the years a bankruptcy stays on your credit, it has been 4 years. At least there should be something next to the credit card account stating it was part of the bankruptcy and was wrote off. It looks like there still open and I owe and just not paying. I wish there was a area that would allow you to put comments on. Thanks for helping. If anyone else out there experienced this as well I'd love to hear from you. Debbie