Question

BrownBadger7

Credit Card Utilization - How to quickly change it for the better?
I want to apply for a low-interest heating loan to do some alternative energy changes. My credit score is okay - 702, but my utilization is 98% and they want it at about 50%, What is the best way to do this quickly? Should I get another card and transfer some of the balance? What is the best method? (I have no savings).

Most Helpful Response

First stop using the Credit Cards if you are at 98% utilization.

you have 3 Options to bring down your utilization.

1) Pay down the amount owed

2) Open a new Credit Card and you get the added CLI to your total,  you can do a balance transfer if needed but only for the amount you can pay off  during the 0 apr ( if you get it )

3) Request a CLI on your Current account(s)  

remember that option 2 & 3 will hit you with Hard Inquires.