Question

Simmonspj

credit card utilization
my credit card utilization is 0% but my utilization score is a C. Why?

Most Helpful Response

You need to utilize the cards

In order to have a good utlizations score, you need to use your cards at least 15% of the available credit. This shows that you are using the credit, but also are within your limits. If you don't use the cards (0% utilization), then the lenders can't tell how are you using your credit. That's why the score is C. Put it in this way: If I am a lender, then I will think why do you have available credit if you are not using any of it at all? So, that's looked upon negatively. I think that's the idea.

Simmonspj

Thanks for the reply... Sounds like a good excuse to go shopping!!!