Question

LASstunts

Costco's new credit cards
Costco is ending deal with Amex and providing a new Visa card. Amex wants to roll me over into a new card - My Amex is one of my oldest cards and I know new card ding your rating because you haven't had them for long. Do I get to keep my existing time period or because it is a new card then it counts as a new card. Same question regarding the new card Costco wants to send. Is it considered a new card or is it tied with you account and will show up for as long as you have been a costco member. Don't really need either of the cards and may just not get either of them.

Amex - This would be a new card with new account number.  It would affect your score and your avg age of accounts.  But could help because you would have a new line of credit and could help with utilization.

Citi Visa - This will be a new account number because Amex and Visa use different numbering systems.  But because the portfilo was sold you keep the age and history of the account.  So the key is DO NOT close your amex TE card.  It will close on it's own and Citi will just send you a new visa card.