Question

deepoison

Closing most recent credit card
I got tricked by Kohl's sales agent and I opened a Kohl's card which I dont need. They told me that it would be a soft inquiry with no credit score impact and tricked me.

The credit limit is too low and my current utilization rates are <3%. So, having this card open might help very little.

My overall credit age is less than 1yr. Now with this card, it might go further low.I am going through a new mortgage and opening too many accounts in little time will further impact.

My card is just issued and new account is not reported to credit beaureus yet. Does closing this account reduce my credit score? Hard Inquiry is already added but new account might further lower my score as my credit age reduces.