Question

skasports

Closing a credit card account
I recently received a credit card with lower interest than my old card, and no yearly fees. I closed my other account with a 5 year history with 48 reportings a year. It was a 250 limit. My present card is a 1000 limit soon to go up to 1500 with 4 more payments on time. Is it wise to pay the 200 in fees if it only raises my spending limit by 250?

Most Helpful Response

first you state you already closed an account you had your 5 years....if this was your FIRST CARD despite yearly fees its a bad idea to close it right away because you start your age of accounnts back at 0 years which will crush your credit score keep paying the fees and leave the old card open for 2 more years using it once every 6 months one a sandwhich and bag of chips for lunch closing that account now will crush your score DON'T close it