Question

scr324

Closing A Credit Card?
My question is that I opened an Home Depot card in 2012 it has a $500 dollar credit limit. My issue is that the only two other accounts I have open is a Lowes card that has a credit limit of $2,600 and is 10 years old. The other account is my mortgage that I refinance only 2 years ago. With that being said will it be better to close the home depot account and raise my average credit history or leave it open? I am planning on keeping my Lowe's card at 10% to 15% utililzation.

Most Helpful Response

If it was me

Would leave the Home Depot card open.

Would send Home Depot and Lowes 1 dollar every month to increase payment history.  After x months of having a credit they will send you a check.  Repeat the process.  Yes it does work.