Question

Steven155

Closed Credit card shows as open. What should I do?
I have a Chase CC that was closed in 2007 and shows open with a $0 balance but $3500.00 credit limit. Should I get the error fixed, or leave it alone? My Credit Karma score is in the low excellent range and I want to keep it in the excellent range.

Most Helpful Response

too many closed CC's?

I have 7 closed credit cards that seem to be hurting my credit score, is there anything I can do about this? A few of them have been closed for 8 to10 yrs and it's still there. 

jennifer

Credit Cards

I am NOT the one on these credit cards or applications!

I was to be on there only to make payments as my mother couldn't drive.

I am very serious, none of these charges are mine!!

faidros

Being on your mothers accounts to make payments as she couldn't drive is called authorized user.   Any credit card in which you are an authorized user will appear on your credit report.  If they are hurting your credit, have them remove you.  You can write a check without being an authorized user.

it seems like it is helping your Credit,   3500.00 avail  with a zero balance.....   WHAT!!!!!!

Leave it ALONE!  It's helping you more than you know!  :0)

Consider yourself lucky & one day they will eventually notice the error & report as closed.  Then it will remain on your reports for another (approx) 10 years or more.

Steven155

Enter Your ReplyThanks BungalowMo. That was my thinging but I also read leaving an unsed account open for a long period would have a negitive effect on my score. Right now my TU score is over 800 and I'd like to keep it that way.

This credit card was in my mother's name, Doris I Surface.  I was only on there so I could pay bills.  I'm in no way responsible for this account!!

This card is closed with no balance and has been for years

undefined

Bri

Do not take it off your credit report because it shows your age of having the card and the amount of cards in good standing even though it closed it could drop you score.