Question

Cow1951

Charge card payoffs
I pay off my charge cards balances every month when I get my bill, but you still count the balance against me just like I did not pay it off. I would like to know why?

What you owe on your cards is only reported once per month by the lender, so you probably have a balance when they report the information to the credit bureaus. You would have to contact your lender and find out what day of the month they report your information to the credit bureaus and make sure that you have a zero balance on your account at that time if you wish to have a zero balance reflected on your credit reports. Also keep in mnd that your credit reports are only updated here at Credit Karma every seven days.