Question

dcola12

Changing a BoA credit card? Will it show that I closed out the old card and started a new card?
I don't like the rewards points so I want to switch cards. From extra bases to travel rewards . Will this effect my credit score? I dont want one of my older existing accounts to cease and show that I opened a new credit card. BofA reps said it wouldn't but I am not sure if they knew exactly what I meant.

It depends if the bank back dates the card. American Express backdated a card I applied for in 2012, from my initial one in 1992.  If you haven't had your other for more than 3 years, then it's not a big deal. If you close one credit line and receive the same credit limit on the new card, your score shouldn't drop very much if at all.