Question

Fritter1111

Can I get rid of credit cards
I have 5 and they all seem kind of crappy. Have 580 credit score a year ago and now it's 690. How do I decide how many and which cards to go with and how do I get beat interest rate?

Closing accounts typically hurts credit, so if you decide to close cards only do one at a time, waiting a month or so in between to see how your credit reacts. Be sure to check your FICO scores to see where you are with them. If your FICO is in the range you listed, you should be eligible to get a decent card. You can check credit card company websites preapprovals to see if you have any offers.