Question

ad4923

BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Reporting and Customer Support Quality
Hi everyone so I was just approved for a BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ credit card with a 3k limit. However I am wondering if it reports to credit agencies like most other credit cards do since it is a Visa Signature.

Also I have read that Bank of America does not have the best support for handling things such as fraud. Could anyone shed light on this who has had experience with Bank of America?

Most Helpful Response

BOFA reports the limit if that's what you're asking; there's no meaningful difference between a BOFA/FIA Card Services tradeline and any of my other tradelines (Chase, Amex, Cap 1, etc ad naseum).

I had 2 incidences of fraud during my time with BOFA (20 years checking, and repeated cards over the years), both were handled appropriately.  Admittedly it wasn't as ninja-like as either Amex or Chase, but pretty much everyone has robust fraud prevention when it comes to credit cards either through themselves or admittedly solid third parties now.

Whether you use it as a primary card or not, it's a good general spender card since it covers gas / groceries, but if you have other rewards cards it may not be the right one.  That said it was the only card I had for years at one point, and it's still the oldest open tradeline on my report and I'm not giving it up till they take it away from me haha.

ad4923

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear they handle customer support well!

You are already approved, so keep the card now. It is very foolish to open accounts then cancel them right off the bat.

ad4923

Yes I was going to keep it. Just wondering if it should be my primary card.