Question

zididi

Are there credit cards available for people with a low income?
I have a good credit score, but I'm low income. I've been on a secured credit card for years and still denied unsecured credit. Are there any available credit cards for people making less than $15,000 or should I just give up and settle for having a secured credit card for life?

Most Helpful Response

Hi zididi, 

Many people are able to graduate from a secured credit card to an unsecured credit card. Card issuers will want to be sure you can repay any money you borrow, so you might get a low limit to begin with, if approved. I suggest reading reviews here on Credit Karma to see what types of cards people in a similar situation were approved for. When available, we use historical data to provide customized approval odds: https://www.creditkarma.com/shop/creditcards