Why would my transrisk score drop due to using a previously unused credit card?
I have a secured credit card that I got to help build my credit when I couldn't get anything else, I don't use it much because the interest rates are extremely high, and before I used it for maybe a few dollars every month just to have something on it. Well the last time I used it was around January, and have since gotten an unsecured credit card through the same company but kept the old one open because it is my oldest credit card account and I knew closing it would hurt my score. Well the annual fee was charged this month and is $29 and today I got an alert on here that says "a previously unused credit card now has a balance" and my score has dropped 54 pts. Am I missing something? My other credit card bill was paid a couple weeks ago and is showing no balance, and my student loan is a few payments ahead because I paid a large portion of it off with my tax return, and I have no other cards or loans at all.