What is difference between Transrisk score and FICO?

quy

Most Helpful Response

Response by
hardeight

Simply put, Transrisk and FICO are two scoring models that assess your credit history information and outputs a number. Think of these models as equations; your credit history information are terms used in the equations. Since the models (equations) are formulated differently, they result in different scores.

Your credit history information comes from three data collectors: Equifax, Experian, and Transunion. FICO (or Transrisk or CreditXpert or whichever) gathers the data from these sources and inputs that into their scoring model. Each of these may have slightly different bits of information about you, so therefore in addition to the scoring models being different your score can vary based on which data set is being used.

It just so happens that lenders predominantly use the FICO model; that's why this one if so important. If all lenders used the Transrisk model then that would be the important one, but they don't, and it isn't.

The truth is most lenders have their own proprietary models that differ even from FICO.

Response by
gwpeterson97006

Transrisk Score

Uh? 

Response by
nbe090153

The guy above me has a good point. My sister who works for farmers insurance just explained to me how she profiles a job applicant when she is considering the results of the personality questions on a job application.

Response by
singlestar5683

Transrisk Score

Uh?

Response by
nbe090153

billyw

I love the use of double negatives-- Really makes me trust the comments that this person with an apparent third grade education makes

Response by
pillow56

Transrisk score don't mear nothing checked my credit score here( Trans Risk 669 ) bank uses Transunion score it is 785 he said transrick don't really mean nothing not a true score.

Response by
magjlg

You really have no idea what you're talking about.

gwpeterson97006

Submit to the Community