Question

TheBattman

Two different scores on same day from same bureau?
Purchased a new vehicle at the end of last month. In an effort to get the best rate, the dealership sent my app to multiple banks (after pulling my report themselves). In total, 9 hard inquiries all within less than an hour. Yes, I realize that that is generally all lumped together and only "equals" one hard inquiry for score purposes (or so I'm told).

Anyway - started getting letters from lenders last week with explanations (a couple of flat denials), and a couple of "counter-offers"...

But what is interesting - two banks that pulled my report from Trans-Union within minutes of each other list different scores on the letter:

Bank 1 (Citi) - 701 (which is what the dealership showed me on their printout as well).

Bank 2 - (Bank of America) - 688

So - I'm confused - does BoA use a proprietary score instead of the FICO?

I'm also puzzled that I wound up with a loan at Compass - 75 months at 5.1%.... while other banks didn't want to do the loan amount/time (other than Ally Bank).