Question

Jennlyn818

State or goverment programs that offer certain people in a hardship help to obtain an auto loan?
Has anyone ever heard of any state, government, or grant that offers low income people or disabled people with low income and low credit score a fair small auto loan? Especially in the common wealth state of PA? You would think state & goverment entities would make small auto loans available for people in the community that meet Certain criteria and by receiving an auto loan would greatly impact the individuals life positively via able to get off goverment disability and go back to work... I am asking because I've been unable to work for a few years due to a long recovery from an injury. I am now able to work, & have a job offer but have no car to get to/from! Due to my medical leave from work I lost medical coverage, endured tons of hospital bills that greatly impacted my once perfect credit, now a 590, which now is making it extremely difficult to find a decent auto loan that's not asking 20-25% APR. obviously if I had cash I would buy something cheap outright but I'm on a fixed social security income. Should I wright my congressmen? Not fair dealerships can take advantage of people who's credit score has been affected by something out of their own control...? Any help or suggestions would be great? Ps: I reside in bucks county, PA.