Editors’ take: Chubb auto insurance policies cater to drivers with expensive assets needing top-tier coverage options. It can be great for insuring multiple assets that have large price tags. People looking for inexpensive car insurance policies or bare-bones coverage options should look elsewhere.
Chubb auto insurance at a glance
|Availability||Available in most states and Washington, D.C.|
|J.D. Power customer satisfaction ratings||Not listed|
|How to get an insurance quote||With an agent|
|How to submit a claim||Online or via a 24-hour hotline or local agent|
- Premium coverage options and features
- Lifetime guarantee at Chubb-certified shops
- You must get a quote through an agent
- Chubb doesn’t focus on cheap car insurance
What you need to know about Chubb auto insurance
Chubb is a high-end insurer that offers auto, home, liability, boat and yacht, travel, life, cyber and specialized insurance for premium customers. It has been in business for more than 100 years and operates in 54 countries. The company claims to be the No. 1 insurer for high-net-worth families in the U.S. and handles more than 3 million new claims globally every year.
Customers can pay their bills and process claims online, over the phone or via their local agent. Chubb also offers a robust mobile app for Apple and Android devices, where clients can pay their bills, manage policy documents and file an insurance claim. The app also features a “catastrophe tracker” that tracks major events like hurricanes, tropical storms, floods and tornadoes.
Premium coverage options and features
Chubb’s auto insurance coverage, called Masterpiece® Auto Preference, includes several premium features. For example, Chubb will remove personal identification from your totaled car, and its collision repair experts will oversee your repairs.
Lifetime guarantee at Chubb-certified shops
Customers can get their repairs done wherever they’d like, but Chubb offers a lifetime guarantee on repairs done at Chubb-certified repair shops.
Customer satisfaction ratings
Information from J.D. Power on Chubb’s customer satisfaction rating isn’t available. Chubb claims that 97% of clients with a claim paid were highly satisfied with their experience.
Auto coverage offered by Chubb
Chubb provides auto coverage for premium customers, with coverage limits that go into the millions. In addition to the standard coverage options, it offers some unique perks, like identity theft resolution and no-cost key fob replacement.
The company offers standard auto insurance options such as liability, comprehensive, collision and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages. If you have a vintage car that’s at least 30 years old, you might be interested in Chubb’s classic car insurance.
Chubb’s rental car coverage offers up to $15,000 with no per-day limit. Rental coverage extends to customers almost anywhere in the world. Here are some of Chubb’s other car insurance coverage options.
- Use of original equipment manufacturer parts — Chubb’s auto insurance covers parts made by your car’s manufacturer, which maintain the style and feel of your car. Generally, insurers only pay for after-market parts, which are typically less expensive and don’t come from the original manufacturer.
- Personal identification protection — Chubb removes stored addresses, phone contacts and even garage door opener codes from your totaled car before passing it on to the next owner.
- Identity theft resolution — All Chubb insurance policies offer complimentary identity theft resolution. If you suspect fraud or identity theft, Chubb will connect you with a specialist who will help you through the resolution process. Services include help with filing a police report, assistance with documentation and phone calls, a year of follow-up service and one year of credit monitoring.
- Optional agreed-value coverage — With this option, Chubb determines the value of your car before a loss, guaranteeing you’ll get the total value in the case of a loss.
Auto insurance discounts offered by Chubb
Chubb doesn’t offer the most robust list of car insurance discounts. But it does still offer a few ways to save. Auto insurance discounts at Chubb may vary by state but include the following:
- Bundling home and auto insurance
- Good student discount
- Driver training discount
- Defensive driving credit for driver training course
- Airbag discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Multi-car discount
- Daytime running lights discount
FAQs about Chubb auto insurance
Chubb specializes in providing insurance to customers with high-cost assets, with policy limits that go into the millions.
Chubb offers auto, home, liability, boat and yacht, travel, life, cyber and specialized insurance for premium customers.
Chubb is owned by Chubb Limited, a publicly traded company and S&P 500 component.
Not sure if Chubb auto insurance is right for you? Consider these alternatives.
- American Collectors: American Collectors offers policies for classic cars and popular collectibles like wine and sports memorabilia. It also offers “agreed value” coverage.
- Allstate: Allstate may be ideal if you’re a safe driver looking for additional opportunities to save money on your premium.