Can I reduce my auto loan hard inquies/hits?
A few months ago I purchased a new vehicle from a dealership. I had in-hand a "BlankCheck" from Capitol One Auto Finance. This is a good check with a max. limit for the purchase of a qualifying vehicle. The interest rate was only 3.29%. The dealer's finance manager insisted that I allow him to check with only 2-3 lenders they worked with to try and beat the rate. In short, they could not beat the Capital One rate. The problem with my credit arose a few days later. My credit score dropped 55 points, because the dealer actually made 12 hard inquiries to finance companies to try and beat my rate from Capital One. This came as a complete shock to me... to say the least, I was very upset to see the dealer made 12 inquiries trying to beat my already approved loan. I can only think that the dealer was looking for a kick-back from one of their partner finance companies only to benefit them at a cost to my credit score.

I learned my lesson, not to trust what a dealer finance manager tells me... 2-3 inquiries turned in to 12... Wow!And I was already approved with check in-hand from Capital One!

Is there any way I can get these hard inquiries off of my credit report/score before the standard 2-year waiting period?