654 credit score, student loans, one car loan, how to raise score and can I get a credit card?
I've got a 654 credit score.

Before this year, my credit score was 646 and I only had 3 student loans. In January, my Dad cosigned a $6800 car loan for me. I make all my payments on time.

A. I used the score calculator here, and it says if I get a credit card, it will raise my score to 677. What is the likelyhood I will get a credit card with my status (and without a cosigner)? What kind of credit cards can I get? I.E. Are they only going to be high interest, bad credit cards, or is there a reasonable credit card with perhaps a lower limit that I can get to start off with and boost my credit score?

B. I'm not sure how much effect my student loans have on my score. If I were to just pay off one or two of my lower ones (~2000, ~3000) this year, would I get a credit bump, or would not having the lines of credit hurt my score? That part is confusing.