Posted in Banking

Need some clarification on how "closed - derogatory" accounts work. Please Help
I read this in a response to a closed- derogatory question, "They are no longer trying to collect it and took a tax credit for it. So they can't collect it anymore." And I had a could follow up questions:

1. Is it normal to still be receiving calls from the collection agency trying to collect on this account even though they claimed "closed - derogatory"? Also, they are claiming my account is still gaining interest. Could they come after me for this?
1a. In regards to the statue of limitations... Is it true the date of original delinquency is considered the date of the last payment I made to them(whether or not it was the amount they were asking for)?

2. Would it help my credit if I did pay of the account that was claim "closed - derogatory"?

3. I've read that closed-derogatory accounts stay on your credit report for 7 years, Is that from the date it was opened? How could I find out when the 7 years starts, to then figure out when it ends?

thank you so much for taking the time to help me with my questions, i appreciate it alot