DEROGATORY REMARKS
I have 4 derogatory remarks listed on my credit report. One is the original company the debt was with. The second is a company that tried to collect the same debt, the third is a company that I'm currently paying on that debt to, and the 4th is a civil judgement for the same debt. Can I really have 4 remarks for one debt? Should some of them be removed?

swede1972

Most Helpful Response
They're part of your history.

Sorry, but the remarks are part of your credit history and will be remaining for at least 7 years until they fall off the credit report.  There is no way to remove them.  Only by paying debts as required and on time will you have positives on your credit record.

Response by
jwsister

I understand that, but you did not answer the questions.  Can you legally have 4 derogatory remarks for ONE bad debt?

swede1972

Submit to the Community