Question

Ihatethinkingupscreennames

Credit history length cratered thnx to paypal, can I fix-????
Synchrony bank shut down paypal buyer credit , and now offers paypal extra mastercard. I had no choice in the shutting down of my PPBC account which I had since 2009. I got the PP XMC. This shows up on my credit report as ME closing an old credit card account, and ME opening a brand new, less than one month old credit card. I went from "Fair" to "Poor" on length of credit history, simply because of what Synchrony did with paypal. Has anyone else experienced this, and do you think it's a good idea to contact the credit bureaus ? Just to explain that I didn't shut that account (the issuer shut down everyones!) and I didn't so much get a NEW account as get a renamed account with a bank I've had an account with since 2009?

Same Issue

I have the same issue: PayPal card from 2014 changed to MasterCard which reset my time to May 2016. I called both TransUnion and PayPal but haven't gotten any luck