Question

BryanFern

Can I get an auto loan for a used car with a 580?
To start I am 24 years of age, in the military, I make 30,000 a year (before taxes), single and have no debt, my debt to income ration is under well under 10%. I suffered a repossession back in Jan 2011, and just recently paid off two CC accounts, that were referred to collection agencies, this year. Both were on a principle of about $500, and inflated up to ~$1500 with penalties, fee's ,etc.. Paid them both off for under $1000 each. Paid off the balance on my previous loan through American Honda Financial as well.

So can I get approved for a 2008 vehicle with around 60,000-80-000 miles? The Cars value is listed at ~$15,500 on KBB.com. I have $2500 for a down payment. I bank with USAA and they love to deny any kind of credit request I make.

Also if I cant get financed at a local Credit Union, who thinks I'll be able to get financed at a dealership with an APR around 15%? Will they even be able to help me?

I'm looking to purchase in about 2 months, so I haven't shopped around for a loan yet.

Any thoughts?