Can I dispute a derogatory mark if an insurance company was supposed to pay the bill?
Can I dispute a derogatory mark if someone else was supposed to pay the bill? Basically, I am from Ireland and came to the US on vacation for 2 months in 2012. While I was here, I had travel insurance to cover 100% of medical bills. Nearing the end of my vacation, I needed to go to the hospital. I gave them my insurance info, they helped me and a week later I went back to Ireland. Then I return a year later to start a career over here, sign up for credit karma to build my credit and there I have one account in collections. I find out that the hospital billed the insurance company for some of the visit and sent the rest to me (at an address I was no longer at as it was a vacation house). I immediately paid the debt. Can I dispute this being on my report?