Question

Randy23Savage

Adding authorized users. Does it impact your credit?
Hey all. Firstly, I used to have very poor credit and a lot of negative items on my credit history. But recently I've made my credit my priority and with a lot of sacrifice and dedication I have seen significant improvements.

I logged onto Credit Karma about a week ago (Long time credit karma with user. 2+yrs) and my credit score was where I expected it to be, So I log on today, just to monitor my credit improvements and stay vigilant like I've been doing for the past lyear and a half and I see my credit score is significantly lower. By 71 points! I have an auto loan that's been paid on time for 2 1/2 years. I have two credit cards I've never missed a payment on since having them(opened them a year ago). I have an account open with Fingerhut. And I also pay Lexington Law every month to clear some negative items on my credit history. So for the past year or so I've been monitoring my credit and it's been a slow but steady rise. I log into Credit Karma on June 6, 2017 and see that my Trans Union score dropped 71 points. On the credit summary there are no new inquiries credit card utilization is down, and my payment history is still 100%.

The only thing that I've done differently is add an authorized user to my credit card. The authorized user was added three months ago and have not used my card. Could this be why my credit score dropped 71 points? And if so how long before it recovers?