2.4
2021 Reviews
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Aug 18 2014
It is what it is

I got this card about 16months ago when my fico was about 530, got approved for 300, then 450, then 600 now 750. Yes they charge u 22.95 for every increase, yes they charge their annual fee in annoying monthly payments of 8.25 probably hoping u miss a payment so they can hit u with the late fee. My score is now 594 just got approved for cap one quicksilver for 300. This card is about rebuilding credit ive never dealt with the cust service, i make about 200 a month of purchases and sometimes make multiple payments on purchases. They do report to all 3 bureaus and it is accurate. Its helped me get my score up and yes when i hit about 700 ill probably cancel it as i get better cards with lesser fees in the meantime if i asked u would u pay me 99 bucks if i could get your fico score up 50points in a year u probably would if you looking at this review, well thats what this card can do. All the negative reviews are from stupid people not reading, yes express payments they charge, standard ones are free they take maybe 4 biz days and no your available credit isnt available til after it processes so maybe a week in total. Everything is in writing people just have to learn to read and they then wont get u with all these hidden charges.

Dec 21 2018

WORST CREDIT CARD EVER!!!! PLEASE RUN!!!! I went out of town & used the card at Walmart & my card was immediately declined. I received a text to confirm the transaction. I received another text stating my card was cleared and ready to use again. Well, it wasn't. Customer service was closed. I called the following morning only to discover that if you're out of town & use it at Walmart they automatically place a block on your card and to remove this block you must FAX a copy of you Drivers License & a recent utility bill to their 'home office' it gets better, it takes 2-3 days for them to receive your fax & an additional 7-10 days for them to review it & release the hold on your card!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER heard of it taking ANY company 13 days to confirm I AM WHO I SAY I AM!!! Besides I answered every security question, social security #, address, phone number, last transactions!! I'M DONE!!!

Jul 19 2019

This card is a great card! The only thing that I wish was not part of the relationship is the Annual Fee! Customer Service is attentive and very helpful!

Disaster

If your card ever has any fraudulent charges they cant dispute them because they have no fraud team. If you want to just keep the card open and not use it them you will pay an 8 dollar fee every month. I have tried to cancel the card three times only for them to keep it open. The last time I called to cancel they said it was done, a month later someone purchased something on amazon. I called to dispute the charge and they told me that only way to get my money back is to call amazon. If the card had just been cancelled when I asked 4 months ago I wouldn't be paying 150 dollars for someone else's purchase. I initially stopped using the card because they would randomly put holds on my account for no reason, so I would have to constantly call in to reactivate my card. If you're trying to build your credit stray away from this card, it's nothing but a money hole.

Jul 19 2019
It's a decent card for credit repair.

The interest rate is a little painful, But, They reward you well for making those payments and keeping your account in good standing. I went from $500 on 1 card to 2 now. One with $1500 and the other with $1300. So if you are going to get this card, make sure you can afford double the minimum payment every month or you will get caught in the interest pit.

Jul 19 2019

Good card for those working on better credit

Jul 19 2019

I have 2 cards with this company. They have given one card consistent increases, but the other one none and they tried to say because my account usage didn't meet their criteria no increase was given. So basically, don't pay off a balance of they'll hold it against you and not give increases because you're a responsible credit user.

Jul 16 2019
Worst card ever

Rewards you earn, you will never receive. Lost my card. Ordered and reported lost 3 weeks ago. Still no replacement. This company is retarded and I do not recommend

Jul 15 2019
Credit One is a piece of crap

Allows fraudulent charges and won't look into it. They allowed charges that put my card over the limit, at the same place 4x.

Jul 15 2019
Not sure why all the negative reviews...

Sooo I'm not sure why there are soo many negative reviews. I read a lot of reviews before I applied for this card. I was VERY skeptical to begin with because of the reviews, but I applied and got approved anyway. I have had this card for almost a year, so far, I have had no issues. The annual fee is coming up, which I'm not looking forward to that. But everything has been going smooth. I have only received 1 credit limit increase, so I went from 400 to 550. Nothing major. I have paid everything on time. You can make a payment 1 of 2 ways. Account number and Routing number (not sure how long it will take for available credit to update as I have not used this method). Or you can pay with a debit card. Paying with a debit card requires you to use the "express payment " option, which has a $10 fee tacked onto it, but the available credit updates in like 5 minutes. I have no problems with this card.

Jul 12 2019
DO NOT GET THIS CARD

There are really no positives to getting this card, its better to get a secured card then this as you will end up paying a ton of fees. You pay about $8 - $9 per month for their "annual card fee" You will pay for $6 for some BS "credit protection" Roughly $15 per month to keep this card. ***ALSO THEY DO NOT HAVE AUTO PAYMENT*** You have to pay manually each time, and not each month will you get a statement so they will get you on late fees. And once you understad the evil of this credit card, you can't really cancel it or close it since it will impact you negativly Best thing is not to open this card. STAY AWAY Overall stay away.

Jul 10 2019
WORST CARD EVER

I HAVE A A+++ RATING FICO. THEY DO NOTHING TO HELP. SUB OUT ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS, MAJOR LANGUAGE BARRIER, CHARGED ME FOR A $630 TRANSACTION THAT WAS DISPUTED. THANK GOD THE MERCHANT WAS HONEST AND IS GIVING ME THE CASH DESPITE HIM ISSUING ME EVERYTHING CAPITAL ONE ASKED AND THEY STILL DIDNT HELP ME. THEY ARE HORIBLE! DO NOT USE THIS CARD

71-80 of 2021