2.4
2021 Reviews
from Credit Karma members in the last year

Aug 18 2014
It is what it is

I got this card about 16months ago when my fico was about 530, got approved for 300, then 450, then 600 now 750. Yes they charge u 22.95 for every increase, yes they charge their annual fee in annoying monthly payments of 8.25 probably hoping u miss a payment so they can hit u with the late fee. My score is now 594 just got approved for cap one quicksilver for 300. This card is about rebuilding credit ive never dealt with the cust service, i make about 200 a month of purchases and sometimes make multiple payments on purchases. They do report to all 3 bureaus and it is accurate. Its helped me get my score up and yes when i hit about 700 ill probably cancel it as i get better cards with lesser fees in the meantime if i asked u would u pay me 99 bucks if i could get your fico score up 50points in a year u probably would if you looking at this review, well thats what this card can do. All the negative reviews are from stupid people not reading, yes express payments they charge, standard ones are free they take maybe 4 biz days and no your available credit isnt available til after it processes so maybe a week in total. Everything is in writing people just have to learn to read and they then wont get u with all these hidden charges.

Dec 21 2018

WORST CREDIT CARD EVER!!!! PLEASE RUN!!!! I went out of town & used the card at Walmart & my card was immediately declined. I received a text to confirm the transaction. I received another text stating my card was cleared and ready to use again. Well, it wasn't. Customer service was closed. I called the following morning only to discover that if you're out of town & use it at Walmart they automatically place a block on your card and to remove this block you must FAX a copy of you Drivers License & a recent utility bill to their 'home office' it gets better, it takes 2-3 days for them to receive your fax & an additional 7-10 days for them to review it & release the hold on your card!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER heard of it taking ANY company 13 days to confirm I AM WHO I SAY I AM!!! Besides I answered every security question, social security #, address, phone number, last transactions!! I'M DONE!!!

Jul 22 2019
Rotten customer service.

Bank is very shady. Obviously trying to trick people into believing they are affiliated with Capital One. Not even close. Stay away. Avoid this bank.

Jul 22 2019
Foriegn customer service.

Rotten customer service.

Jul 21 2019
No problem so far

I applied for this credit card 5 months ago so I can help boost my credit score and it has been a good card for me. I haven't had to contact customer service so I can't speak on that but, everything else is good. After three months I got an increase, I never had a problem with payment and I only used the standard payment option. I read that using this card out of your state will cause decline purchases but I took a trip out of state and I had no problems. My credit score has increased so much that I felt comfortable applying for a capital one card and got approved for it. I love it so far. It has helped me a lot.

Sucks

I have 3 credt cards (This being one of them). I have never had a problem with th eother two. I have had this pathetic CreditOne Visa since April of 2018 and began requesting a credit line increase in the fall of 2018 and made my last request 15 mins ago (7/20/19) and I have been turned down every single time! I have NWVER been late with payments on this card (or any of the others), my credit score is in the 600's. ALL of my monthly debts have ALWAYS been paid on time. Credit One has my credit score listed in the 500's!!! All 3 major bureaus have it in the 600's. If you can't get a card anywhere else then I guess get this one BUT if you have any options other than this one, leave this one alone!

Jul 20 2019

Don't do it!!! I had this card they will find everyway possible to keep your credit score DOWN! To keep you there and if you do finally get over them they will give you the moon to stay.. No annual fee any more and if they can do this when you figure it out.. Why not do it from the start?? Also offered a 1% cash back to stay but they will pound your credit score to death.. I do not recommend this card at all.... BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Jul 20 2019
I love it. Great card to have.

I love the card. I have both visa and master card. The customer service is great. As long as you pay your bill on time they raise your credit limit every few months. I've never had a bad experience with them. I would definitely recommend them.

Sucks

I set up an online account & every time I tried making a payment it would get kicked back & my account would be suspended. I deleted my banking info several times but it never once worked. When I called in to customer service I was told the account number was for a cancelled account. Not True. They of course will take a payment by phone but it will cost you a $10 fee. Shady business practices to say the least. After 2 months of continuous problems I finally just shut down the account.

Can't really complain

The interest is high and they'll charge you a fee to give you a credit increase but what do you expect when rebuilding credit. Recommend only using it for what you can pay off every month and close it before the monthly fees start charging.

no problems

unfortunately, i had to file for bankruptcy many years ago and this company was one of two that offered me a decent interest rate to help rebuild my credit. have been a customer for 8 years now and have never had a problem ever with anything. you have to remember the card is only as good as you make it

Jul 19 2019
This is the worse company

Do not get this card if u like your Mental health and money u will be taking advantage of and they will still from u took me for 400 dollars when a purchase I make was refund they sent me a check and charged it as a cash advance against a different card scum bags stay away

61-70 of 2021