4.4

Jun 15, 2017
Great Card

Applied for this card and was approved for $1k a year ago. After using the card on a regular basis and making regular payments (about 3-5 per month) my credit limit was increased to $3k in just 6 months. Continued using the card on a regular basis, making payments on a regular basis and today 6 months after my initial increase, AMEX increased my limit by $6k. I now have a $9k credit limit! My score when i applied for this card was about 650 and since then has increased to about 730 in one year. Great card, use regularly and make more than the minimum payment and your limit and credit scores will increase. AMEX has no limits on the amount of times you can make payments. This has helped me tremendously. I would recommend even if you have a very low limit, make a payment as soon as that charge reflects on your account. You dont have to wait until your statement appears in the mail. Stay on top of making those payments and your limit and scores might increase.

Feb 10, 2015
Amex remembers BKs or write offs.

Think of Credit Karma's Approval Odds, as a serving suggestion. They are not always accurate as they do not take into special considerations that some cards have, such as - previous bankruptcies or charge offs with the card. Amex is notorious for being unforgiving with these. Doesn't mean it is a bad card, but it is not a "rebuild your credit" product and have never claimed to be. It's all about managing expectations, and unfortunately Credit Karma misses the mark.

Jul 29, 2022
Application software errors

Applied, got credit dinged with hard inquiry, asked to enter a second card holder which was not needed. Then the app crashed and went to home screen. Don't know any results. Credit karma always luring us with tricks claiming super excellent approval odds and all you get is a double wammy 6 point score drop while credit Karma got paid to screw its members.

Jun 10, 2022
Love this card

Please do not go by credit karma recommendation. I have a poor chance with a 760 score. I applied and was approved. There was only one little problem i had . I had a freeze on my Experian credit report. They ran my transunion when i applied. Then once my freeze was off experian, I called them and they ran both credit reports instead of one. I called and explain to customer service and the put in a request to have that pull removed. The card has not given me any problem as of yet. This is my second Amex card.

Mar 02, 2022
Amex

I applied multiple times and got denied. I don’t really understand, I’ve read comments saying they got approved with a TU: 670 and FICO: 640 However my TU: is 711 and FICO:694, I don’t see how I didn’t get approved? I may just call the hotline and see what is up

Jan 17, 2022
Don't Expect Much Even With Good Credit Score

I had a 700+ score and thought I could have a bit more wiggle room with another card. I applied and was instantly approved and prompted to sign papers before even knowing my approved limit. Looking through the reviews they probably have an automated process and dole out $1k to everybody and anybody coming from Credit Karma. Probably just shouldn't apply through Credit Karma if you need any real credit. They'll just assume you're rebuilding your credit and give you the lowest limit and highest interest rate after the intro period.

Dec 25, 2021
basic card

Great card

Nov 06, 2021
Great for grocery shopping!

Love this card. Got approved for a 10k CL. Have been using it for grocery shopping only. Love the cash back rewards at 3%. Had a 776 TU, 772 EXP.

Nov 02, 2021
Great Card, Website, and Customer Service

I really like this card. I like the website. It is easy to navigate and very straightforward and intuitive. The customer service is very responsive and you can access them via chat which is my favorite mode of communicating with customer service. The only (small) downside is that the data in QFX file that American Express shares uses the "transaction" date rather than the "posted" date when the industry standard is to use the "posted" date. This totally confuses my budget app if I try to do a QFX import.

Oct 21, 2021
Got approved with a 661 credit score

Don’t listen to the approval odds they’re highly inaccurate, my odds were poor per credit karmas rec, had I listened and not tried I wouldnt have the card. I was worried I wouldnt get accepted but if you have a clean credit history (no bankruptcies or delinquencies) you will get accepted even if you’re a beginner with only 2 credit cards like me. I’m glad I tried! I wish I read the reviews in depth so this ones for the people that are worried they won’t be accepted.

Oct 01, 2021
I love this card

I have had nothing but good come from this card. It has help to rebuild my credit and offered me a business card as I start my journey to become a successful business owner. Thank a million AMEX!!

Sep 03, 2021
Starting Limit $6900

760 Score, 2 years history, current amex customer with 2 cards and was given a starting limit of 6900. Nothing to complain about, no fees and great for supermarkets