4.3
2001 Reviews

Sep 07 2020
Great card but don't ask for credit increase

Love American Express. I have had the card for several years they deny me any increases even thought I have never been late.

Nov 03 2020
Deceptive practices

BEWARE!!! The process for getting the card was easy and instant approval. I used the card as normal through the promotional period and paid it IN FULL before the promotional period was over. I continued to use the card as normal, making sure I kept my purchases total under 20%, I try to stay between 10-20% of my credit limit. While out doing daily errands, I needed some cash and I used my card to get it. I have notifications set to where I am emailed and texted with changes to my account. Within 20 minutes I received notification of a "change to your credit limit". As soon as I returned home, I logged in to see what the changes were. For making a "cash withdraw" AE dropped my credit limit by 86%!!! Yes 86%!!! In turn, that caused my credit score to plummet by 150+ points and caused my credit utilization to shoot to over 95% used. I paid the card off immediately and have not used it since. That was almost 2 years ago and they STILL refuse to raise my credit limit.

All reviews

Apr 15 2021
Love the card - not the company

So I don't have a direct complaint against AMEX other than transparency. I have had my blue card for about a year and tried to apply for one of their travel hotel cards, and it denies me by stating I already have an open account. But when contacting Customer Service, I am informed that you can have up to 4 AMEX cards at a time... I have one??? So not quite sure what the issue is.

Mar 22 2021
Love the look

I applied for this card instantly approved FICO was 739 new card member love the Rewarded an welcome bonus

Mar 21 2021
Great for building credit

I was approved instantly with a 740 credit and credit karma had poor approval odds.

Mar 20 2021
Denied with excellent credit

Credit Karma shows I have excellent credit, suggested that I apply for this card and that I had an excellent chance of approval. Within 20 seconds, I was denied. I make over $90,000 per year and am employed. I have had excellent credit for over 20 years. Not sure what they want.

Mar 11 2021
Great Cash Back Card!

Perfect for Gas and Groceries!

Mar 09 2021
Approved

I was approved instantly . Credit score of 738 .

Mar 02 2021
Not too shabby

Got this card when I was 18 years old and 2 years later I’m offered the Platinum! Helped my credit grow exponentially and loved the customer service, user friendly app, and rewards throughout the journey.

Feb 22 2021
The business practice is horrendous!

700 credit score, had an account 4yrs, no late or missed payments. Dropped my credit limit of 20,000 to 1000 without a notice or valuable reason why.

Feb 15 2021
Approved!

I have been working towards getting an AMEX. First, I got a Discover It secured card with 200 deposit. Usually monthly and paid in full for 8 months. Graduated in Dec to unsecured card with $1800 limit applied today with 729 Experian FICO and was approved for $1,000. It’s not was I was hoping for, however they usually provide an increase after 90 days.

Feb 11 2021
Wow, looks good.

After 2 years with AMEX (Cash Magnet), never received a credit limit increase, so I only have 1,000... Well today I applied for this one and I can't believe it! The process was fast and I they approve me with a credit of 10,000.

1-10 of 2001