4.3
1995 Reviews

Sep 07 2020
Great card but don't ask for credit increase

Love American Express. I have had the card for several years they deny me any increases even thought I have never been late.

Nov 03 2020
Deceptive practices

BEWARE!!! The process for getting the card was easy and instant approval. I used the card as normal through the promotional period and paid it IN FULL before the promotional period was over. I continued to use the card as normal, making sure I kept my purchases total under 20%, I try to stay between 10-20% of my credit limit. While out doing daily errands, I needed some cash and I used my card to get it. I have notifications set to where I am emailed and texted with changes to my account. Within 20 minutes I received notification of a "change to your credit limit". As soon as I returned home, I logged in to see what the changes were. For making a "cash withdraw" AE dropped my credit limit by 86%!!! Yes 86%!!! In turn, that caused my credit score to plummet by 150+ points and caused my credit utilization to shoot to over 95% used. I paid the card off immediately and have not used it since. That was almost 2 years ago and they STILL refuse to raise my credit limit.

Jan 14 2021
Easy application denied at first

I applied on the pre-approval website with them once I input all my information I was denied. I called customer service to ask why however my fault I typed in the wrong amount that I make yearly. The rep went over it with me and came approved for 1000 I mean it’s low but it’s a start. Don’t give up if you’re denied call and ask why hopefully this will help someone.

Dec 10 2020
One of my favorite

Easy application and approval process, no annual fee. They give 250$ as a welcome bonus and it also gives you 3% cash back on groceries and 2% on gas.

Dec 10 2020
If you get use and forget it

So I have cards with $5000,$8000, and two more at $4500 limits, and all at zero balance. Yeah so this card has been stuck at $1000 since I got it 3 years ago. Why? Never have I ever needed to call for increase on other cards. They see me use it they see me pay it off. I applied for an increase, i make $50,000 + a year..I was declined? My Fico was around 750. Dont even bother with American express unless you have zero payemnts elsewere! Theres no room to grow. And its 2020 PANDEMIC year. Im sorry for those who actually needed this card and couldnt even get it. Just dont.

Dec 08 2020
Very Low Credit Limit

I think I made the biggest mistake taking this card. They gave me only 2000$ credit limit. Even My first credit card's limit was higher than this one. I just hate this card.

Dec 08 2020
Super low limit

I was "pre approved " Over 750 scores. I was approved for only 1000 dollars. By far my lowest card and it's not even close. This card is a joke. Avoid.

Dec 04 2020
3x points on Groceries & Gas

Good Amex card that gets overlooked by most. the ugly and see-thru card has a cheap/fake/ugly vibe. But its actually a good card

Nov 24 2020
Great card with great service!

I have been using this card for 4 years and have been more than pleased with the zero annual fees, rewards on every purchase, and great customer service any time I have a question or concern. The sign on bonus was also nice as I was looking to make a big purchase at the time of getting the card. I never use cash because the card has been so beneficial in accumulating rewards that I can redeem at any time. When I travel to other countries I have the option of not having to alert customer service so it's nice to have 1 less thing to worry about when going on international trips. I highly recommend this card to anyone looking to build credit and accumulate rewards on everyday purchases.

Nov 03 2020
Deceptive practices

Oct 14 2020
Love the card

I use the card for grocery shopping, gas and shopping. They gave me good cash back.

Oct 08 2020
Its OK

I was using this card for traveling a groceries. But I guess I was not coming close to my limit in a period of 3 years, so they decided to lower my available credit and that in turn lowered my credit score. I was pretty upset about that.

1-10 of 1995