Question

rwockenf

Will changing from quarterly payments to monthly improve my score?
I have a private loan that is on quarterly scheduled payments. The lender and I had a few miscommunications over the past couple of years, and truth be told, I did not do a good job of keeping track of it. As a result, I have a few bad marks on my Credit Report. Because the payments are quarterly, when I miss a payment, it is recorded as 90 days late right away instead of the 30-60-90 process. Obviously not good. This is a very bad mark on my report that needs cleaned up.

I have recently taken a much stronger interest in improving my credit standing and am taking steps to get my score up. My question is this: If I change my payments to monthly instead of quarterly, will that help improve my score faster because it will show more on time payments? So instead of one on time payment every 3 months, there are 3 on time payments?

Thank you all for any help you can provide.