Why do i have 2 credit scores with a difference of 200 points?
I applied for a credit card even though i knew i was going to get turned down again. When i received the letter in the mail about why i was turned down it stated that my credit score was 311, but here on credit karma my score is 566. Why is there such a huge difference?

Most Helpful Response

Switching credit every time I evr chk

Why 1st time I check credit kharma. I had fair-good credit? (Prior I checked my bank & had fair to working my way to good) since my 2nd chk on kharma. My credits dropped to POOR!! Why? states collectors are now after me. Hmmm? I've never had credit card, any past bills I've paid & maid installments to over 8yrs ago. Yet they offer me credit card applications to sign up for. Also states my car ins is very high & to buy a home. I'm sorry I don't get all this. I think il be canceling my "free account" and should stick with my bank for info on credit & any questions. It gets old being scammed!!!!!! This I've learned !! I hope for anyone please check with your bank for free (if u have even a small acct) or they will tell you were & how to get a real check. ( I know checking credit may affect it. But it shld never affect so much where it drops to poor) hope this helps to anybody. 

excellent point

I am sorry if this is not the proper place for this, but I feel it is something that should be said.

If and when you get an answer I will be here to read it.  It looks like there has been a number of questions asked in the last 4 years, and I have not seen any replies.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong are.  I have applied to all recommended agencies for a bill consolidation loan.  I am currently "living" on a negative budget.  IE:  All my bills are paid by the 7th of each month and I have a negative bank balance.  One Financial, and Springleaf both have said that my credit score was ok.  (it started out at 583 and with the 5 hits that have been applied it is now down to 579).  They said my income was ok and the amount that I was asking for ($4000.00) was reasonable.  Yet they BOTH said that since I had no money left after paying the bills thwey could not give me the loan!!!!.  Well, hey people, WAKE up.  If  I could get the loasn to PAY OFF those bills I WOULD have money left.  Sounds like all these (credit helpers) are just a catch 22 situation.  ("You are in debt, and as long as you are we cannot help you).  Well hey guess what--IF PEOPLE WEREN'T IN DEBT, WE WOULD NOT NEED YOUR HELP AND THEREFORE YOU WOULD BE OUT OF A JOB!!

Also, they all say I have an excellent payment history, so please tell me, what is the problem??