Why do all 3 bureaus give different answers to the same question?
In 2013 I asked Capital One about building credit with one of their secured cards. I spoke with two customer service reps who both told me that if I got a secured card for at least $500, used it like a debit card and paid it off completely for 3 to 6 months then Capital One would offer me an unsecured card for between $750 and $1,000. After about 4 or 5 months they wrote me and said if I put down $200 more as security, they would increase the limit from $500 to $850. This meant I would have a total of $400 in security deposits down. I asked about an unsecured card and they said I needed more time to establish myself ith them. So I did it, and my card was increased to an $850 limit. Every month I charged to near the limit, and every month I paid it off a week before it was due. Each time I charged it up, the credit bureaus would drop my score for using too much of the available limit on the card. Then when it was reported that I paid it off, my rating would go back up. This went on for over two years. I called supervisors and was told they did not increase the limit on secured cards. Period, unless you put up more security. During all this time I acquired cards from 3 other companies and kept the balances paid off. My credit rating went from an average of 500 to near or just over 700. I asked TransUnion what would happen if I canceled the secured card and got my money back. They told me it would increase my score about 10-15 points. I canceled it, had to fight to get my money back ($400), and TransUnion dropped my score 47 points! The other 2 bureaus gave me slight increases. Today I was told I don't have enough open accounts (I have 10). They said if I increased that number to 15 it would raise my score by at least 35 points. I don't understand. All 3 agencies tell me something different.

Each bureau is a DIFFERENT company and they have different ways of calculating scores. The best thing that you can do for yourself is to read all that you can about credit and make your own determinations on what to do.  Be aware that the same credit actions can affect different credit scoring systems in different ways.