Question

yavnic

Why did my score drop after 10 bad reports were removed?

Most Helpful Response

When you say "reports" I assume you are referring to credit lines? Also, not sure what you mean by "bad" - there are many potential negative items on a credit reports and some are worse than others. If you had 10 credit lines removed then you would also have had much of your credit history removed. AAoA = Average Age of Accounts, when you loose a credit line you also loose that credit line's history, more history is better than less history. If some of these lines were still open then you also lost some of your overall available credit which raised your credit utilization - this also lowers your score.

Drop in score

Had a hard inquiry drop off my credit and score dropped 56 points. Is this normal? Will it go back up? That is or was the last hard inquiry on experion. So no inquiries left. I'm just not sure why it dropped. I thought taking hard inquiries off report were good. Can someone help?

maybe old credit!?

Trinise12

What do it mean if it my credit report shows that several accounst are in the statue of "Charge Off". Can these items be dispute, and could this information in my report cause a potential employer to view this information nagtively?

zevus

It means that you didn't pay those credit cards and they wrote off your debt as bad credit.

You can dispute it, yes.  Well, you should dispute it regardless of whether or not it's 'true' or not.  I had some six cards go delinquent, disputed them all.  Some card I had about $8,000 on found in my favor and that bad debt was erased.  *boggle*

Yes, that information is negative, so a potential employer would view it negatively.... but employers aren't allowed to pull your credit report without you first giving them consent.  Some states aren't allowed to pull them at all.

Try looking at:

http://www.ncsl.org/research/financial-services-and-commerce/use-of-credit-info-in-employ-2013-legis.aspx