Question

bokhaut

Where did the mortgage information you are showing for me come from?
The posted information for my mortgage report is grossly inaccurate. I don't know where you are getting the information, but it does not reflect any of the paydown of principal I've been making since January 2013. I also have no way of forcing the lender to update it, but according to my most recent monthly statement, the balance you are reporting is close to 33% more than I owe.

While your records show OneWest Bank as the lender, the mortgage originally was obtained from IndyMac, which apparently still services the loan — though at some point (probably around the time that company was taken over by the government) the loan itself was purchased by a private partnership.

I have no idea of how to correct the reporting information, but have never found either One West Bank or Indy Mac particularly helpful with similar matters. However, I also am concerned that my credit rating is under-rated.