Question

britishboy90

What should i focus on to get approved at a CU with a 585 credit score and 1yr old auto loan?
some background
-credit score is up 100 points in 13 months
-income currently 38k and will be 50k by the end of the month
-I've had an account at this CU for 5-6 years
-I have 1500 left to pay on this loan (5 payments)
- it started as a $5000 loan with an 18 month term and i put $3000 down to buy the car
-i've got two items reporting in collections that i paid years ago
-I owe $1000 to a state university
-I have $10,000 in student debt that was recently consolidated and is current.

I'd like to buy my fiance a new car as a wedding present. We make more than enough combined to easily put a few thousand down, but i'd prefer a loan with a decent rate, $200 or less a month and 36-48 month term. Where should i start to make this a reality? My current car is worth about 3000 trade in and 4000 private party.