Question

Lind1010

Should I apply for a low interest car loan now or wait to better my credit score?
I want to apply for a car loan of about 20,000. Right now my credit score according to Transunion is 687 and through Experian it's 708, Credit Karma its 719. I just finished paying off 3 different debt accounts which in total amount to less than 2000 however the payments were so recent that it's still showing the accounts as open on my credit report. Also, the car that my mom drives and pays for is under my name so in my credit report it shows that I have that account open for about 12,000. I can definitely afford a car payment since I literally don't make any monthly payments for anything anymore, except for groceries and utilities. My question is, will it be easy to obtain a low interest car loan even with the 12,000 debt that I have under my name (I don't make the payments but I know it still affects me) or should I wait until those 3 different accounts show as 'Paid' under my credit to hopefully get my credit score higher?.. Also, the car I now have under my name I was able to get an interest rate of 2.99%, I'm looking for something around that number. I was also looking to see if I can apply jointly with my dad who has a better credit score by about 70 points, would that help me or it wouldn't be necessary?