Removing card I am authorized user of from my credit report and it's effects
I currently have decent credit (711 as of this posting) and it is going up as a pay off my CC debt. Back when I first started driving my parents added me as an authorized user to their Shell gas card not only so that I could use it, but to build my credit. They have been struggling financially for the past couple years and ended up maxing out the card and then eventually closing the account (which I believe is from them going through a debt relief program).

The account shows on my report that it is current but closed with an opening date in 2000. My oldest account is from 2007 so this is helping the longevity portion of my score I assume. I have already removed myself as an authorized user from the account a few months ago thinking that would remove it from my credit report but it still has not. I'm not sure if at this point I should have my parents contact Shell and have them correct their error or pursue it further with a dispute if necessary.

The card currently has about $1100 on it and that is being shown as part of my own debt. I have several cards of my own totaling about $10500 of credit with about $6000 in debt on them so I can go without anymore lol. Basically my question is do the benefits of having an older account on my report that is in good standing outweigh the cons of the account having a high balance and closed?