Question

Kgowett

Recource for collection account that is a medical bill already paid by insurance?
I have a very small collection account on my report for x-rays from a couple years ago. I paid the co-pay before I was lead back for the x-rays. I contacted Blue Cross Blue Shield for confirmation this particular radiology center was covered prior to going to the location. Everything was okay back then.
Now it's 2 years later, I' slowly learning about credit, and now that I'm on CK, Quizzle and Credit Inform I see on my report a company called Jefferson Capital Systems. They are a collection company who is trying to collect on $83 for the x-ray office visit.
What do I need to do to get this taken off since I paid my co-pay at the office and the rest was covered by insurance? I am no longer with the same company I had BCBS with for the insurance that covered this visit. I don't have the old medical card for the group/insurance number. I didn't know I would need it!
Where do I start?