Question

awest1981

Recently Phillps66/Conoco changed their crediting agency. In doing so a new bank did a hard inquiry
When they changed crediting agencies for their provider I was slapped with a hard inquiry for a card that I have had for nearly a year, and I do not recall ever giving their new provider permission to check, nor did I receive any notice that anything like this was going to happen. Is there something I can do to get this removed? Was the new crediting agency in the right checking my credit without permission or a chance to opt out and close my card?