Question

nick78788

new site much different score!!! wtf>?
so this site has updated i get that, but how did my score drop 100 pts and it doesnt show here> i was 718 on old site now i m low 600s in experian and history doesnt show that i was ever 718

The site has...

... nothing to do with the score, dude. The new site sucks because it went and his all the stuff inside different folders. If you want to dig into your accounts you need to do this:

Sign in and click on which bureau you'd like to check.

Click on factors:

Scroll down to the second box, tilted "I'd intonyoir accounts" click on The blue highlighted "accounts"

New page loads. Scroll accounts, touch an account you'd like to view, and go from there.

The charming coders at CK went ahead and left all the stuff in there but just changed how it's accessed.

The score changes when the wind blows, that is how sensitive they are. For accuracy (not so much education and learning) check with FICO, they don't fluctuate as easily.

Aimit12

I’d like to share my story too. Just a few weeks ago i was homeless, i was jilted by my online lover. and he had robbed me of everything i had. By the time i realized i was being played, my credit score was already 458 , i had an eviction on my report and a large debt on my credit. I was on my way to the little corner behind the store where i normally sleep when i saw a fellow homeless person who i met some days ago and he was looking so changed and successful. I immediately began to beg him to tell me how he made it so fast and because i had told him my story when we previously met, he understood my problem and gave me the contact of the hacker that helped him. i contacted the programmer (ex FICO and Experian agent) and he fixed my credit, raised my credit score and cleared all negative listings on my credit in less than 9 days. I would have kept quiet about this, but i won't be able to forgive myself for not helping people who are in terrible conditions like i was. "gmorrison741 @ g m a i l . c o m" is the programmer's email address. I wish you good-luck. Y’all can thank me later. 

Credit Karma is wrong

I used to believe that Credit Karma was somehwere in the neighboorhod of my credit rating.  When they changed their site, my score jumped 60 points.  I verified with other sources and found that it was wrong.  I used to think that this was a good gague for where I was, but now I think not.

jncarrico

Mine dropped 100 points!!! It was saying "you have good credit" then the very next day, it said I had poor credit.

Mbates35

My score dropped almost 100 points also

nemoore67

My score dropped like over 100 points too! Only thing I've done different is pay off a car loan.  

bborstein

I have had my credit score drop on this site 30-70 points overnight. Checked out my FICO score on Experian and I believe this is where you will find your true score. Credit Karma has been helpful for informational purposes, but not for a true score. My own bank told me that in no way shape or form, is credit karma correct

jloes

Get your credit cleaned with the help of a reliable personnel Fico and Ex Transunion agent! He's tested and trusted. I had a very low credit score (around 520) and it was ruining my life. I needed help. I was very depressed because of it and had been trying to repair it but It just seems nothing was capable of getting my score raised quickly. I needed something done fast. I had read a lot of good things about this hacker online which gave me a go ahead to try him out. I almost gave up my search for a real agent because I kept meeting fake people who are not capable enough and who are always after the money, I've been conned by them. this programmer is not about the money but about attaining a good reputation at always satisfying his customers. My credit score is now 780, 790 and 820 on all big 3 bureaus and it was 100% confirmed by FICO. This is my way of showing appreciation for a job well done on my credit report. Reach out to him for help at yatesnovakovic @ g m a i l . c o m  He's affordable and always at your service.  

bad move

Wow I have to scroll all over now, updates are less reliable, loads of other 3rd party stuff I don't care about, too many pages dipsersing the information I like. Score dropped 100 points too. makes me think CK was just manipulating previous scores to get people interested in tracking their score.

just awfull. 

flyrod57

I have found credit scores are all over the place, bought a home recently and credit score was 777 via reporting morgage co. now i'm at 702 via CK? I have not missed a payment or late n over 7 yrs, have had no reports againest me and use under 15% of available credit...sounds fishy to me. Recently CK said congrats score went up...two days later score went down..WTF! Don't believe CK anymore, it's a joke.

Aimit12

****ed!

Put it back the way it was!!!!!!!

WestHomage

Did any of you ever consider that in the past they had to rely on the people who came here to give them information (AKA attach their accounts to the site) and now they have found a better way to get the full information?  As an example in the past I had issues with DELL and another one of my cards (Had to close the accounts) here it asked for the log in information but since the accounts were closed there was none... meaning they no longer had any information about said accounts.  Now when I log into this site I get an email from Dell (Surpise even though the account is closed and I can't Log In) saying "Someone has logged into your account from an unauthorized device"  Meaning somehow CreditKarma can log into the account even though I can't Meaning they can stay up to current information that even I can't get.

This is a complete farse

OK, so this is the first time I've logged into Credit Karma in several weeks.  To my surprise I no longer have a reliable credit score!  Although the overall score went up, it went down compared to the last time I checked it.  This is complete and utterly useless.  I couple of my credit cards have begun offering the FICO score with my monthly statement and it was pretty close to what was reporting on here BEFORE.  Now I have NO reference point.  And it looks like the criticism is substantial so I hope they listen and go back to a REAL score.

Aimit12

me 2, drop 100 pts in Jan 2015

i am not happy about the 100 pt drop in my credit score (Jan 2015) but it appears that this is more accurate than what creditkarma was reporting b4. now i have to adjust my plan for getting back to where i was and beyond.

prior to the recent swith to vantage score, my credit score here on creditk was 689. now it is 580's. harsh

Floridabiker777

These are more accuate.  I get my fico and vantage scores via my cc's & they are all just about the same as what Credit Karma is posting now.  

cerena

Same here, my score dropped over 100 points with the new system. 693 to 586, how can that be with no changes in credit card utilization or any new inquireies??? Very confussing!

HATE CREDIT KARMA NOW

i used to like this website thinking it was closer to what actual factual data company uses.

i had one hard inquiry the other day and credit karma dropped my score to 24 points!!! really?!!! from one hard inquiry?!!! i called my broker and he said its ridiculous how much this site has lied to people.

my score was 736. and when i had a mortgage company run my credit report the other day, it showed how much credit karma is off. wtf does this credit karma website want me to have? to have an anxiety attack?! this really ****ed me of because i have worked so hard to keep my credit report up and this F**cking site flat out lies and tells me i dropped 24points from one freaking inquiry?? shame on your website. god, how much do you people get off from lieng to people with your useless fail credit score system?!!!

jloes

Hi Designlmc: 

This is where it gets tricky. It's entirely up to your lender to choose which score model they want to use. We started using the VantageScore 3.0 because we believe it more closely resembles the score a lender would use when making a decision. However, lenders can even have their own private formula. There's really no way to know. We encourage you to focus on your credit health in general: a healthy credit report produces a good score in any model. 

dolphinlpc

Sticking with Credit Sesame from now on!

Babscredit

Hey Kayleigh, your generic advice does not address the concerns stated in this string.

NO ONE LIKES the new user interface because it provides less information; not to mention the fact that the scores are completely different than those previously provided.

Speaking of prior scores, what happened to the ability to view/review our historical scores? The 12-month graph (using "Vantage Score 3.0") apparently has no historical data to show since the prior scores are all the same as the current score.

What happened to being able to view score history all the way back to the date membership was established?

lstmysock11

Great and dandy expect more scores you have all more then 100 points lower then all three of the major credit agencies do. In fact just got a new car and they give you a report listing your current credit scores from all three. All of them where in the 630 to 680 but this site has me at 521. Not even close to real world.

altcheckmate

In other words, your "scores" are pretty arbitrary and can't be relied on.  Your service has only one purpose... to attract people here, then sell them more credit card offers.  Your "simulator" told me if I paid down my card balances to put me in a lower utilization category, my score would jump over 100 points.  I did that, and my score never changed at all.  I'm done with this place.  You can't explain the inconsistencies between what your simulator says and what actually happens.  Your numbers are just that... numbers with no relevance to anything.

ljjohns

CK should have included some kind of temporary note or pop up explaining that they've gone to a new system and scores may changes due to blah blah blah. It would have been minimal effort and helped allay a lot of panic. Most of us haven't memorized the model that you're using so sayig "Calculated using VantageScore 3.0" isn't actually useful information. 

My question is what happened to the "what changed?" link? Both score dropped, though not as much as people are reporting here, and I could not find the normal summary of changes. I eventually found it by going through an old email so clearly it still exists somewhere but I still can't get to Credit Changes from the main page. Is this another stupid user interface change? 

The new VantageScore 3.0 is Better

I believe CK's older scoring model was VantageScore 1.0/2.0 which had a score range of 501 to 990. People relying on that score were often disappointed when seeking out a mortgage or auto loan. Loan officers pulled Fico scores (range 300 to 850) and it was easy for the Fico score to be 100 to 150 points less than the old CK score.

The current CK model, Vantagescore 3.0 model, still scores factors in your credit file differently than Fico models. However, now that the range matches Fico classic models, scores are at least closer to the ones loan officers pull. Heck, some even look at VS 3.0 credit scores these days in addition to Fico scores. Score range aside, the current VS 3.0 model, is well respected as a good predictor of credit worthiness based on a number of case studies.

P.S. Even the various Fico models score the same data in your file differently [ e.g. Fico 8 compared to Fico 4]

Aimit12

Well, I gave it more than a year thinking I would get used to the new CK, and I still hate it.

The thing I miss most of all (besides an accurate score - I have applied for loans and know this score is not remotely similar to my real score) is the little graph that used to show my credit history. I escaped a financially abusive marriage several years ago with a score in the 400s. I have been working so hard to rebuild my credit and seeing that graph go up was such a huge encouragement to me.

Now it seems like I come to CK every once in a while and all I see are ads for credit cards. There's nothing useful here any more.

46hillbilly

Enter Your ReplySaame here; I had a 710/730 rating.  Now it is 704/708 and not a thing has changed for me as I am lower on car and all the insuraances we Must buy now leaaves me scratching my head.  I will seek my FICO scores as a reference instead.

jloes