Question

ariesvayeate

My credit score dropped 60 points in one month, and then another 60 after paying the late account.
So, aside from obvious confusion at an economic system where I'm apparently penalized for fixing a late payment, what gives?

This account was a bill from Verizon that I never recieved because they had the wrong address on file and never sent it to me. That didn't stop them from listing the bill as being in collections, of course, and now here I am. What can I do? And why does my credit score keep falling? Its now 630 from 750 back in October.

As a further question, why are all my categories listed as "A" except for number of accounts, which is D, and overall I'm rated at a "D"?