Question

christina1325

Medical Collections Removed from my Credit report. Do I still need to pay them?
Hey, so in November 2015 I got surgery and got a bill of about 4-5000 that I could not afford. Started making payments, but after about 7 months had to stop due to some financial issues. I kind of put them off and they went to collections and wanted to start paying it back now, but I noticed that the collections had been removed from my account. They were on there about a week or two ago. Does this mean I no longer owe the money? My credit score has slowly gotten better (went from 505-548 in about 3 months) because I've been paying other debts. I don't mind paying off the medical debts, but honestly if it was considered bad debt and I don't need to pay it, then I'd rather put that money into savings/towards other bills. Any advice would help. Thanks.